Original Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign Tutorials
- Content-Aware Move Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Red Eye Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- Healing Brush Tool and Spot Healing Brush Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Pattern Stamp Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Burn Tool and The Dodge Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Patch Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- Eyedropper and Color Sampler Tools : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Slice Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- The Clone Stamp Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
- Perspective Crop Tool : Photoshop Tutorial
Mailing List: Free Art & Photos!
-I don't e-mail it that often and I never sell or share information. No spam, easy to unsubscribe too.
-Subscribe and occasionally get free vector art (illustrations) or photos to use in your promotion or client work!
-I e-mail out URL addresses for subscriber-only vector art I create.
- Behance Integration Into Illustrator CC July 24, 2014
- Lowel GL-1 Power LED July 23, 2014
- Create a Photographic Story with Photo Books, Part 2 July 22, 2014
- Lexar Professional Workflow Reader July 21, 2014
- Swatch Groups Come to InDesign CC July 18, 2014
- It’s Free Stuff Thursday! July 24, 2014
- It’s Guest Blog Wednesday featuring Mia McCormick! July 23, 2014
- Announcing My New Book, “The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes” July 22, 2014
- Five Photography Workshops I Would Love to Attend (and you might, too!) July 21, 2014
- My First Studio Shoot Using Lightroom Mobile July 18, 2014
Awesome recent deals from our sponsors
Get 30% off Lightroom 3 when purchased with Photoshop CS5 software
Find all current special offers on Adobe products.
Adobe Education Store
Get up to 80% off with Adobe CS5 Student and Teacher Editions
Adobe Special Offers
Subscribe on YouTube!
Translate this site
Stay tuned for more photoshop tutorials, photography tutorials, illustrator tutorials, and indesign tutorials.
- Dreamweaver Tutorials
- Illustrator Tutorials
- InDesign Tutorials
- Photography Tutorials
- Photoshop Fails
- Photoshop Tutorials
by Chad Neuman
Movie posters are often great examples of aesthetically pleasing design and eye catching visuals. Movie poster artists use color, proportion, and typography to create some stunning looks. I recently noticed a movie poster for a newly released movie, The American. As a regular user of Adobe Photoshop, I then asked myself how something similiar to this poster look could be done in Photoshop. I don’t want to create exactly this look but rather create something similiar to learn from. It’s the difference between finding inspiration in a work of art and ripping it off. Therefore, follow along with this example and you’ll learn how to create a similar look and learn a few Photoshop and graphic design techniques along the way. Read the rest of this entry »